Friday, December 16, 2005

Going crazy!

Well, I still haven't sat down at my sewing machine yet, and it's been over a week since my last post. Arggghhhh! I took the day off on Tuesday with every intention of getting some sewing done, but it was just not happening. I had to get some cleaning done while no one else was at home. I also needed to get some shopping done. Then I needed to finish some repair work I was doing on a friend's quilted and stuffed Santa. I really should have taken a picture of it because it is so cute. This Santa was made in 30's reds and greens (I think it was actually made in the 30's). Anyway, my friend had stored it in a brown paper bag which got wet and then stained the fabric. So, she thought she would put it through the washing machine on "delicate." I know. I just cringe when I think about it! So when she took it out of the machine, not only was it stained, but it was also ripped in several places. I said I would try to repair it for her and it was certainly a challenge, but I managed to applique some comparable pieces of fabric over the ripped parts and it really looks nice now. So I ended up spending quite a bit of time on my day off working on that, because I wanted her to have it back before Christmas.

So another week has passed with no work done on my stash quilts. I should have the chance to do something this weekend. But if I don't, I'll be off for 11 days starting Dec. 23, so surely I'll have a little bit of time then. One can only hope!

9 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Good luck! Hope you find some quilting time before you go crazy! I would love to see a picture of the Santa you fixed.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Wow Marilyn,
Tuesday was a busy day for you. What a great friend you are though to repair Santa! ;) I hoope you get to quilt soon! It can make a person a bit edgy when one doesn't quilt!
Hugs
Laurie

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Judy L. said...

Marilyn: Mending your friend's Santa was a sweet thing to do and I know she appreciated it. December 23 is almost here so I hope you get lots of sewing done on your time off.

Judy

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Finn said...

What a wonderful act of friendship! I'm sure she could see how badly it was damaged and know what a big job it was. Good for you..you definitely deserve some time for yourself...*VBS*

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Quiltgranny said...

I am so happy that Santa is mended. I wouldn't want him travelling all over the world with his stuffing hanging out, you know!

I love the process of all the planning for quilting, too. Not just the process of quilting. That's why I call my sewing area my "stewdio", you know.

I can just feel the excitement of what is going to come out of yours after Dec 23!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

While not quilting, the Santa repairs at least kept you in touch with the sewing room. Best of luck getting to your projects.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Jan Mac said...

Marilyn, hope you didn't really go crazy! :) Bet you're enjoying your time off and getting lots of sewing done!

Judy

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Cher said...

I hope the lack of posting means you are madly quilting away! It can be frustrating to lack time to get to the studio-I can relate.
Cher

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Happy 2006, Marilyn! Hope you get LOTS more sewing time in the new year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home