Friday, February 24, 2006

Responses

Thanks to everyone for your great comments on my quilt. I have completed the top, so I'm going to start trying to select a thread (or threads) for the quilting. Mary asked how I planned to quilt it. I'm going to do a whimsical flower design in the center of each block and do a wave pattern on the HST's. I don't think I'll quilt on the white part as that is where the signatures will be, but I may change my mind if it looks like it needs it. I have a nice variegated thread that I think will look good on the HST's, but I will probably use something different for the block centers.

Evelyn, thanks for the suggestion about the freezer paper. I'll be taking the quilt top to the school next week to get the signatures. I told my DH that I wanted to be there when the students signed it and I want it to be done in an organized fashion. He was figuring he would just take it to school and leave it out for the students to sign during the day. Um ... NO WAY!!!

Linda, the pattern for Jan's quilt is in a back issue of American Patchwork & Quilting. I'll have to find out which one. I responded back to you in my comments, but I wanted to make sure you'd see the response, so here it is again.

2 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Marilyn said...

It's the October 2002 issue.

Marilyn

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Sounds like you have a great plan for the quilting - can't wait to see it finished.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home